ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The ORFA is delighted to invite members to our annual general meeting on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 which, this year, due to the COVID-19 restrictions will be held as a virtual meeting. Although members will not be permitted to attend in person, you are invited to join the meeting virtually. As a member of ORFA, this is your opportunity to be a participant as the following business items are conducted:
- Approve the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held Wednesday, December 4, 2019 in Mississauga, Ontario
- Receive the President's Report
- Receive the Treasurer's Report
- Presentation of the December 31, 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- Confirmation of auditor/accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2020
- Receive Awards and Recognition Committee Report
- Receive Nominations and Elections Committee Report
- Oath of Office for the elected 2021/22 Board of Directors
- Receive the In-Coming President's Remarks
- Transact any other business that may properly be brought before the meeting
Voting at the AGM is only available to eligible designated voting members or via a designated proxy. The voting by proxy deadline is 12:00 Noon on Friday, November 27, 2020 via the online PROXY FORM.
Please feel free to contact our head office at any time should you require further information or clarification on this important association business item.
- The AGM is a member only event - please register in advance to attend.
- This event qualifies for six (6) professional development recertification credits of any ORFA professional designation.
2020 INFORMATION SESSIONS
ORFA members registered for the 2020 annual general meeting will also receive priority access to the following recorded webinars and podcasts:
Technical Standards and Safety Authority - Alternative Rules for Ice Facilities
Presenter: Brian Gee, Chief Officer, Operating Engineers Program, TSSA
The Technical Standards and Safety Authority, Operating Engineers Program, under the leadership of Brian Gee, Chief Officer has completed a review process that will allow for more options for the operation of registered attended guarded ice sheet refrigeration plants. Brian will be presenting a session on “Understanding the 219/01 Regulations” that are being released December 1, 2020. Be the first to hear what is happening officially in our industry.
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation - Taxes and Municipal Recreation Facilities
Presenter: Stephanie Wells, AIMA, Legislation and Policy Support Services Analyst, MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation is responsible for accurately assessing and classifying all properties in the province for property and school tax calculations. Join Stephanie as she explains how recreation facilities are traditionally tax exempt and discusses what variables might change this status. If you have any form of business operating under a contractual relationship you might want to tune in.
National Hockey League - Announces Program to Support Local Rinks
Presenters: Omar Mitchell, NHL Vice President of Sustainable Infrastructure and Growth Initiatives and Ian Story, I.B. Story Inc.
Local ice rinks across North America are important social and cultural community hubs, and eighty percent of these facilities are twenty years old or more, and have aging infrastructures,” said Omar Mitchell, NHL Vice President of Sustainable Infrastructure and Growth Initiatives. “The NHL is committed to supporting the revitalization of these community rinks, as the growth and accessibility of our game at the grassroots level is significantly impacted by the health of these facilities. The NHL has partnered with I.B. Storey Inc. to leverage their expertise and provide integrated solutions and support to community rinks in their efforts to lower energy costs and consumption, especially during this unprecedented time. ORFA Technical Director, Terry Piche will moderate discussions with Omar and Ian about this opportunity.