2017 Facilities Operational Forum and Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Centre for Health and Safety Innovation (CHSI)
5110 Creekbank Road, Mississauga, ON, L4W 0A1
8:00 am to 8:50 am • Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:50 am • Welcome
9:00 am to 10:00 am • The Future of the Operating Engineers Regulation
Presenter: Mike Adams, Operating Engineers Chief Officer, Technical Standards and Safety Authority
10:00 am to 10:45 am • 2017 CORPORATE SHOWCASE
10:45 am to 11:45 am • Facility Access – Meeting the Shifts in User Trends
Presenter: Brad McCannell, Vice President of Access and Inclusion, Rick Hansen Foundation
11:45 am to 12:15 pm • 2017 CORPORATE SHOWCASE
12:15 noon to 1:15 pm • Lunch and Annual General Meeting
- Approve the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held Wednesday, December 3rd, 2016 in Mississauga, Ontario
- Receive the President's Report
- Receive the Treasurer's Report
- Presentation of December 31, 2016 Audited Financial Statements
- Confirmation of auditor/accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31st, 2017
- Receive Awards Committee Report
- Transact any other business that may properly be brought before the meeting.
1:15 pm to 2:15 pm • Ontario’s Aging Infrastructure – The Three Choices Are - Revitalize, Repurpose or Decommission
Presenter: Andrew Epp – Revitalizing Nathan Philips Square (TBC), Ross Rankin – Repurposing of Ottawa’s RA Centre, Terry Piche – Decommissioning a Recreation Facility – What needs to be considered.
2:15 pm to 3:00 pm • Industry Watch – New & Emerging Topics
Presenter: Terry Piche, CIT, CRFP, Technical Director, Ontario Recreation Facilities Association Inc.