As I reﬂect on the past two years I would like to highlight the numerous accomplishments of the ORFA Board of Directors, committees, members and staﬀ. A new three year strategic plan was developed this year which guides the Association. I would like to highlight the following achievements:
- ORFA participated in 1st annual U.S. Ice Rink Summit in Lake Placid, NY
- Hosted the ﬁrst remote World Aquatic Health Conference in partnership with the NSPF in Niagara Falls. Strengthening our relationship that was announced at last year’s AGM.
- ORFA Webinar provided to the ORFA membership on Designing an Eﬀective Refrigeration Plant Maintenance Plan.
- Review and course upgrades complete for BAR, IMEO, IMPT, BMO, BOM, GMO, GOM, Cemeteries Mgmt.
- ADPD and Regional Training attendance continues to grow.
- The Technical Advisory Committees, with the guidance of Terry Piche, continue to provide great input in their speciﬁc subject matter.
- Our continued relationships and partnerships with U.S. Ice Rink Association, Sports Turf Canada, Hockey Canada, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, Associations of Municipalities of Ontario, ParticipACTION, Ontario Municipal Health and Safety Representatives Association, Frank Cowan Limited, Ontario Ministry of Labour, Ontario Fire Marshall’s Oﬃce, Technical Standards and Safety Authority, Public Services Health and Safety Association, Ontario Turfgrass Symposium, Facility Owners and Managers Association, Ontario Good Roads Association, Local Health Units, and the National Swimming Pool Foundation. These and many more allow ORFA to provide you as member’s updated information to allow us “to be the leaders in the Recreation Facilities Profession”.
I would like to recognize and thank the outgoing Board of Directors for their support and dedication. For those that are continuing as Board members I look forward to working with you over the next two years. For those that are leaving I look forward to our continued friendships. I would like to welcome our new board members and look forward to working with you to continue being the leaders in the Recreation Facilities Profession. To our incoming President Ed Greer, I look forward to your leadership.
To the ORFA staﬀ, I have come to appreciate your professionalism, hard work and dedication and thank you for all the work you do.
To the members of the ORFA. This is your Association, become involved. In closing, I want to thank my employer the RA for allowing me the opportunity and time.
Ross Rankin, CRFP, CIT
President and Chair of the Board