PHOTO: 1st Annual Arena Managers Certification Course, May 28 and 29, 1956
The Ontario Recreation Facilities Association (ORFA) was created in 1947 and incorporated in 1951 as a provincially-recognized, not-for-profit, volunteer-driven recreation organization. Today, the ORFA has over 6,000 card-bearing members who operate and manage recreation facilities in municipalities, educational institutions, government agencies, First Nations communities and in the private recreation sector. Members also include businesses and industries that support the recreation sector. As a member-based organization, the ORFA is dedicated to providing leadership in training and development, and in products and services for the benefit of the recreation facility profession.