The Ontario Recreation Facilities Association Inc. (ORFA) was incorporated in 1951 as a provincially-recognized, not-for-profit, volunteer-driven recreation organization.
Today, the ORFA has over 6,000 members who operate and manage recreation facilities in municipalities, educational institutions, government agencies, First Nations communities and in the private recreation sector. Members also include businesses and industries that support the recreation sector.
As a member-based organization, the ORFA is dedicated to providing leadership in training and development, and in products and services for the benefit of the recreation facility profession.
An ORFA membership entitles you to:
- A professional membership certificate and decal for your individual use or in the case of the Group membership category, each building and all identified employees who work in these buildings will be recognized;
- A subscription to Facility Forum, the official magazine of the ORFA, published four times per year and mailed to each member or in the case of Group membership category, the identified primary facility contact;
- Access to facility resource material managed by an information specialists who will provide search requests at no cost;
- Access to the ORFA Resource Centre and its recreation facility specific alerts, guidelines and best practices;
- Access to ORFA’s online discussion board.
- Access to ORFA’s online membership and products/services directory;
- Opportunities to attend the Annual Professional Development Program and regional training events at member rates;
- Work towards an ORFA professional designation;
- Access to “E-News” which provides recreation facility industry and association information;
- Access to Corporate Members who provide recreation facility products and services;
- Access to online Job Postings;
- A committed board of directors and association staff dedicated to meeting member needs.