Thank you to our sponsors:
ORFA 2021 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND INFORMATION SESSIONS
The ORFA is delighted to invite members to our virtual annual general meeting on Wednesday, December 8, 2021. As a member of ORFA, this is your opportunity to be a participant as the following business items are reviewed:
- Approve the Minutes of the virtual Annual General Meeting held Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
- Receive the President's Report
Receive the Administration and Finance Committee Report
- Presentation of the December 31, 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- Confirmation of auditor/accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2021
- Receive Awards and Recognition Committee Report
- Transact any other business that may properly be brought before the meeting
Voting at the AGM is only available to eligible designated voting members or via a designated proxy. The voting by proxy deadline is 12:00 Noon on Friday, December 1, 2021 via the online PROXY FORM.
Please feel free to contact our head office at any time should you require further information or clarification on this important association business item.
- The AGM is a member only event - please register in advance to attend.
- This event qualifies for six (6) professional development recertification credits for any ORFA professional designation. You must attend the virtual event and complete the 2021 Information Sessions.
2021 INFORMATION SESSIONS
ORFA members registered for the 2021 Annual General Meeting will also receive priority access to the following presentations:
WEBINAR: ORFA Industry Research & Development Update
Presenter: Terry Piche, CRFP, CIT, Technical Director, ORFA
The ORFA continues to invest significant resources into research and development to ensure the organization remains an industry leader. Like our members, the pandemic has caused the ORFA’s leadership team to pivot and respond to ever-changing needs and priorities, while at the same time, remain focused on core strategic objectives.
ORFA’s Technical Director will highlight:
- how partnerships have been utilized to meet members needs during the pandemic
- what governance factors have changed requiring additional attention
- what resources have been created or updated by ORFA, and
- how member training needs are being addressed.
This session will provide members with both the opportunity to learn how resources and support is currently being used, as well as learn what is being planned for the immediate future.
WEBINAR: Recreation Facility Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) & HVAC Design
Presenters: Ian B. Storey, President of I.B. Storey Inc, Monica Szabo, Industrial Hygienist, and Scot Johnson and Geoff Paton from CIMCO Refrigeration
The pandemic has revealed or heightened facility management challenges associated with air exchange in aging and/or poorly designed buildings. Facility management should be prepared to provide input to senior staff or answers to the public regarding a buildings capability to exchange and/or filter air. This webinar brings together three (3) experts on the topic. Monica Szabo is an Industrial Hygienist who has made her career in health and safety. She will speak to legislation, the history of IAQ and what expertise exists to assist facilities in better understanding specific issues. Monica is followed by CIMCO Refrigeration as they discuss the importance of maintaining the HVAC system. This presentation gives an overview of the roles and responsibilities associated with this side of recreation building operations. The final presentation is from I.B. Storey Inc. who speaks to things for consideration when retrofitting an older building or designing a new one. The ORFA highlights the various resources that are available in the on-line Resource Centre as a benefit of membership. We hope you can join us for this informative and industry leading discussion on the topic of the importance and challenges of indoor air exchange.
WEBINAR: Unstructured Play: Let’s Get Ready for Winter!
Presenters: Tracy Eso, Risk Assessment and Solutions Manager, Intact Public Entities and Terry Piche, CRFP, CIT, Technical Director, ORFA
Now is the time to start considering the shift from structured indoor recreation to outdoor Canadian winter activities. Regardless of the type of activity, whether it be skating on temporary outdoor ice rinks, tobogganing, or skiing, we will review how to best implement risk-management tools that can minimize a municipality’s exposure to liability.
- Hazard evaluation and risk-management strategies for outdoor recreation.
- Legal responsibility for service provision – both structured and unstructured activities.
- Do outdoor operations need to match similar indoor operations?
- The importance of volunteers and volunteer associations – pros and cons.
After-hours security needs for outdoor attractions.
Industry best practices.
Importance of signage.
Recommended safety gear.
What to do with summer playground equipment during Winter, Spring and Fall?
FACILITY FOCUS PODCAST: Low Pressure-High Charged Ice Sheet Refrigeration Plants
Presenters: Josh Bell, Corporate Service Manager, Tim Carley, Corporate Service and David Fauser, Director of Sales, CIMCO Refrigeration and Terry Piche, Technical Director, ORFA
ORFA’s Technical Director speaks with CIMCO staff on a variety of topics that impact ice sheet refrigeration plant operations. Not every podcast will have a return on investment but this one does. Any member who has refrigeration plant operations or maintenance responsibilities will benefit from taking the time to listen to this information.