Benefits of Membership - PDF
The Ontario Recreation Facilities Association Inc. (ORFA) was created in 1947 and incorporated in 1951 as a provincially-recognized, not-for-profit, professional recreation organization.
Today, the ORFA has over 7,500 members who operate and manage recreation facilities in municipalities, educational institutions, government agencies, First Nations communities, and in the private recreation sector. Members also include businesses and industries that support the recreation sector.
As a member-based organization, the ORFA provides leadership in training and development, and in products and services for the benefit of the recreation facility profession.
An ORFA membership entitles you to:
- A committed board of directors and professional association staff dedicated to meeting member needs.
- A printed and electronic subscription to Facility Forum, the official magazine of the ORFA, published four times per year and mailed to each member or in the case of Group or Corporate members, sent to the primary point of contact (with a digital circulation of over 7,000 readers).
- Access to the ORFA Resource Centre and its recreation facility specific alerts, news items, guidelines and best practices, and technical corner.
- Access to a media centre with recorded videos, sessions, webinars and podcasts.
- Access to ORFA’s online discussion board.
- Access to “E-News” which provides recreation facility industry and association information.
- Access to online job postings.
- Access to professional development opportunities delivered in different environments including: classroom, online instructor led and online self- directed.
- The ability to work towards an ORFA professional designation.
- Access to ORFA’s online membership and products/services directory.
- Access to a Recreation Facility Asset Management tool with inventory module (provided as benefit of membership) and other modules including, request maintenance, work orders, electronic warehouse, and tracking of condition and efficiency of assets as optional cost recovery modules offered in partnership with Marmak Information Technologies.
- Access to Corporate Members who provide recreation facility products and services.
- Corporate Members may post one complimentary classified advertisement via ENews during the membership year.
- Corporate Members have an increased brand and logo recognition option in connection to online based professional development opportunities.
- Corporate members are listed as part of an annual general meeting event, with the ability to showcase corporate branding and product/guide catalogues.
- Corporate members are provided table-top display access, on a limited basis, to a Spring and Fall Professional Development Event at the Centre for Health and Safety Innovation building in Mississauga, ON and/or with virtual showcase standard booth features provided as a benefit of membership.